Sorry, My Wife Has a Hole in Her Brain Chapter 23 Part 1

Liang Yun smiled and asked, "Why did you come back so early today? Have you finished dealing with the affairs of the court?"

Xie Shian: ...Based on his understanding of his mother, what his mother really wanted to express by saying this was 'Why did you come back so early? We were having a great time.'

Xie Shian suppressed the urge to run away from home and tried to put on a decent smile. "I haven't finished my work yet. I came here to greet my mother first."

Liang Yun was very satisfied that his son understood him so well. "In that case, you should go and take care of your business first."

Su Wenqing inexplicably saw a kind of sadness of being let down by the cruel world in Xie Shian's polite smile. She burst out laughing and hurriedly stood up and said, "It's getting late. I should go back soon."

Liang Yun glared at Xie Shian with resentment, then smiled and said to Su Wenqing: "Why don't you stay and have dinner together before leaving?"

Su Wenqing smiled and said, "Today, everyone in the Su family will go to Grandma's room to eat. If I don't go back, I'm afraid I'll be scolded."

Liang Yun stopped insisting after hearing this. She took Su Wenqing's hand and said, "Wait until I send someone to make the 'mahjong' you mentioned, and then I will invite you to play. I estimate that a set can be made in two or three days. You must come then."

Su Wenqing's eyes lit up a little, "It's a deal!"

Xie Shian looked at the two people in front of him who were having fun together, and had the illusion that he was the other people's child.

Liang Yun chatted for a long time and finally remembered her original purpose. "Okay, Shian, send Wen Qing off for me."

Su Wenqing followed Xie Shian out of the door. Xie Shian's taste was the same as his mother's. His clothes were elegant but not vulgar, which made him look like a promising young man. A person with such looks, family background and ability would have a smooth life, if it weren't for the feelings deeply buried in his heart...

It was hard for Su Wenqing to imagine that Xie Shian would silently watch the person he loved get married and have children, and the only thing he could do was to swallow all his emotions and offer his blessings.

The most difficult thing in the world is not "not getting what you asked for", but "not being able to ask for something"...


Prev | TOC | Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intern Parents Chapter 1 Part 2

Intern Parents Chapter 1 Part 1

Intern Parents Chapter 3 Part 1